Where do you go to get your uniform? How do the patches go on? Do you really have to sew them yourself?
The best place to go is the Scout Shop on Monroe Rd/7th Street in downtown Charlotte. Use the guide pictured below to help you put all the patches on the uniform. BUT, Matthews Alterations, located next to McAlister’s in the Costco Shopping Center will do it for you for less than $10!
Websites for other Scouting Gear:
Many of these retailers give Scouts a discount – just ask! (and bring your BSA membership card)
- BSA Online Scout Shop
- Jesse Brown’s Outdoor Located at the Southpark Mall
- Bass Pro Shops Located at Concord Mills Mall
- Coleman Coleman Outlet Center in Myrtle Beach, SC gives 20% discount to Scouts
- Dicks Sports Located in Pineville, Matthews and Southpark Mall
- Sports Authority
- REI Located at the Carolina Place Mall in Pineville
- Great Outdoor Provision Company Located at the Park Road Shopping Center